Demographic Statistics from the U.S. Census and other sources: Religion, International, etc.
A beginners guide to finding statistics about the U.S., Utah and the U.
Other U.S. Government Statistics
Many other U.S. federal agencies besides the Census Bureau collect various statistics.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor StatisticsConsumer Price Index, Unemployment data and more.
Statistics on Religion
Public Law 94-521 prohibits the Census Bureau from asking a question about religious affiliation on a mandatory basis; therefore, the Bureau of the Census is not the source for information on religion.
- Association of Religion Data ArchivesPennsylvania State University
- PEW Forum on Religion & Public Lifeincludes the U.S. Religious Landscape Survey, 2008
- Public Religion Research InstituteA research a consulting service specializing in work at the intersection of religion, values, and public life.
- American Religious Identification SurveyTrinity College
- U.S. Religious Landscape Survey, 2008Demographic data and maps about religion in the U.S., from the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life
- Spirituality in Higher EducationA National Study of College Students’ Search for Meaning and Purpose (UCLA)
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S.Some statistics on religion are in the section on Population.
- 2010 U. S. Religion Census byISBN: 9780615623443Publication Date: 2012-05-01An enumeration of religious congregations, attendees, members, and adherents by county, state, and nation for 236 religious bodies. Includes 32 pages of maps and graphs.
- Religious Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000 byISBN: 091442226XPublication Date: 2002-08-01
The United Nations is a good source of international statistics.
- UN DataA search engine for United Nations Statistical information
- CIA World Factbookinformation on history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues.
- Country StudiesDetalied country profiles published by the Library of Congress under the Country Studies/Area Handbook Program
- GapminderA non-profit “museum” of data on sustainable global development
- U.S. Census International ProgramsWorld population clock and country population ranking.
- Population IndexPopulation Index database for 1986-2000