A library research guide that directs students to recommended and specialized resources for their study within Multi-Disciplinary Design.
The 5 Ws for better sources
- Who is writing?
- Are they an expert in the field? Have they published in your area before?
- What is the content of the website like?
- Has it been well written? Is it correctly formatted? Have they cited their sources?
- When was the article written?
- Was the article written relatively recently? Have they made regular updates?
- Where is the website coming from?
- Is this a trusted web presence like a library or a university, or is it a random subreddit?
- Why is the author writing?
- Is the website full of adds? Does it have a clear agenda beyond what is stated in the article?
If you are able to answer all of these questions in a fairly positive and concrete manner, then the site you have found is likely a viable source for your project!