Academic Search Ultimate is multi-disciplinary database which offers information in many areas of academic study, Academic Search Ultimate focuses on a range of subjects including biology, chemistry, engineering, physics, psychology, religion/theology, and more. This database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 8,500 journals, with full text for more than 4,600 of those titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 and earlier are available for over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
To search Academic Search Ultimate:
1. Go to the library homepage at lib.utah.edu and click on the Log In button in the upper right corner. Sign in with your uNID and password
2. Click on the Research Databases tab in the gray bar below the search box.
3. Click on the letter A for Academic Search Ultimate.
4. Click on the JSTOR title link to open this database
4. Here, enter your search terms into the search box (1). Remember to include any synonyms you can think of in your search, linking them with AND or OR. Below the search box, you have several options for narrowing the search. You can arrow your search results to only scholarly (peer-reviewed) items (2) and limit the publication dates of the items returned in the search. A good rule of thumb for current topics is to search for items published during the last ten years. Once you have entered your search terms and narrowed your search, you can click either of the two search buttons (circled) to run your search.
5. You will see a list of articles related to your topic. If the article has an icon with PDF Full Text written next to it, like the first result, you can click on that link to be taken directly to the full text of the article. If the article has a link below it that says Get It or Check SFX for full text, click on that link to find out if we have access to the full text.