Patents and Trademarks
2023 & 2022 Presentations
Special acknowledgement to Dave Morrison. Some of these presentations are revisions and updates of work originally created by Dave Morrison.
2020 & Prior
- Bench2Bedside 2020 Libraries Innovation TeamSeptember 26, 2020
- BIOEN 3801 (Tomasz Petelenz) Feb 20, 2020Patent searching. Library session for bioDesign I with Alfred Mowdood & Tallie Casucci
- PHIL 7570 (Caren Frost) Feb 13, 2020Policy 7-002: Patents and Inventions, TVC, & U. Library session for Research Ethics class with Alfred Mowdood & Tallie Casucci
- Biodesign 2019First 71 slides for class. Additional slides on Espacenet, Google Patents, additional help, USPC
- bioInnovate (BME 6081) - Fall 2019Ppt for Professors' Broadhead, Hitchcock, & Petelenz
- Materials Innovation - March 28, 2019Professors Spark & Bates
- PTRCA Roundtable Presentation 04/12/2018Brief presentation titled "Imagine U: Makerspaces, 3D Printing, VR/AR, Gaming, and Creative Spaces in an Innovation Ecosystem" by Alfred Mowdood, T.J. Ferrill, and Tallie Casucci
- BioDesign September 20, 2021
- STEM Utah Librarians Bootcamp 2019 Created & Presented by Tallie Casucci & Alfred Mowdood
Dave Morrison's Patent Searching Guides in PowerPoint
- Brunvand CS/ECE 3991 corr. - fall 2016Corrected URLs and removed some resources no longer available.
- TVC Analyst Interns, June 1, 2016Presentation for TVC Analyst Interns, given with industry and marketing presentation by Alfred Mowdood.
- 'Why Search Patents..'Presentation given at USTAR BioInnovation Luncheon, Salt Lake City, UT, Feb. 10th, 2016
- Patent Searching and Patent Landscapes ECE 3991 – Fall 2014Introduction on using the USPTO, Google Patent and Esp@cenet patent databases to create a technology 'landscape' using patent and Google databases.
- ULA Presentation May 2014, Pt AThe full presentation for a much shorter, 'live' search example demonstrated at the ULA 2014 Annual Conference, Sandy, Utah on May 1st, 2014.
- ULA Presentation May 2014 Pt BThe full presentation of a much shorter, 'live' patent search demonstrated at the 2014 ULA Annual Conference in Sandy, UT, on May 1st, 2014.
- Lassonde Center Students, August 31 2012Presentation on Intellectual Property (IP) for Lassonde Center students, August 31 2012.
- techTITANS Competition, Mar 4 2011, Pt A.Part A of the presentation from the Bioengineering 1102 techTITANS class, spring 2011.
- techTITANS Competition, Mar 4 2011, Pt BPart B of the presentation to Bioengineering 1102 techTITANS class, spring 2011.
- 'Searching Patents For ‘Prior Art’ and Competitive Intelligence,' Pt. APt. A of my presentation for the Research Administration Training Series (RATS) program for Fall 2010.
- 'Searching Patents for 'Prior Art' and Competitive Intelligence,' Pt. BPt. B of my fall presentation to the Research Administration Training Series (RATS) program.
Dave Morrison was the Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) representative for more than 30 years. From 2008- 2017, Dave created numerous presentations for the campus community including Bench2Bedside, USTAR, TVC, Lassonde, Innovation Scholars, RATs, Utah Library Association (ULA), and classes for University faculty (Robert W. Hitchcock, Tomasz Petelenz, Erik Brunvand, Jeffrey S. Bates, Taylor D. Sparks etc. ).
Please keep in mind that Alfred Mowdood, Tallie Casucci, and the library staff are a great resource for all your information needs! We have research and computer assistance available during all open hours!
Other Useful Guides
by Ismaeil Hakimi Last Updated Mar 14, 2023 199 views this year
Sex and Gender Differences Health Research (S&GDR)
by Lydia Howes Last Updated Feb 2, 2023 816 views this year