Intro to Dance Research: Dancer Health
Article and Media Resources
- A suite of 3D interactive models of human anatomy. Controls allow users to zoom, rotate and peel away layers from the models. MRIs, X-rays, live-action movies and animations are also included to supplement the computer-generated models.
- SPORTDiscusA source for sports & sports medicine journals, with full-text coverage extending back to 1985. Subjects covered include biomechanics, drugs, exercise, kinesiology, movement science, nutrition, occupational health & therapy, physical fitness, physical therapy, rehabilitation, sports & exercise psychology, coaching & education, and sports medicine.
- Health Source: Consumer EditionProvides information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences, nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health. The collection contains searchable full-text articles from over 165 journals, as well as abstracts and indexing for over 180 general health, nutrition and professional health care publications. The content of this collection is tailored for consumers.
Books and Videos in our Collection
You can find lots of books and videos about dancer health by searching for "Dancing Injuries" or "Dancers--Health and Hygiene" , or for related topics like Pilates, in Usearch, the library catalog. These are few of the recent acquisitions:
- Dance Medicine in Practice byThis is an e-book. You must be on a UofU network or have a current uNID to access it.
- Finding Balance byThis is an e-book. A current uNID & password is required for access.
- Live at Broadway Dance Center: the care and feeding of a dancer byThis is a streaming video. You must be on a UofU network or have a current uNID to access it.
- Conditioning for Dancers byMarriott Library, Level 2, General Collection: GV1589.W475 2009
- Teaching Pilates for Postural Faults, Illness and Injury byMarriott Library, Level 1, General Collection:
- Utah Women's Resource CenterLots of resources for men, too!