A library research guide that directs students to recommended and specialized online and print resources for their study of topics within Architecture and design projects.
Searching in the Library Catalog
SUBJECT TERMS to use when searching for building standards:
- House construction -- Specifications
- House construction -- Standards
- Standards, Engineering
- Dwellings -- Specifications
- Foundations -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Soil mechanics -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Standards, Engineering -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Building laws -- United States
- Building -- Details -- Drawings -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Building -- Details -- Drawings -- Standards
- Dwellings -- Designs and plans -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- ARCHITECTURE / Reference
- MAD CADMAD CAD is a state-of-the-art subscription based reference database online, containing building codes, knowledge-based design solutions and, guidelines to meet the codes. MAD CAD will provide you access to cross-referenced collections of building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire, and maintenance codes from BOCA, SBCCI, ICBO, ICC, and NFPA.
Utah Building Codes
- Uniform Building CodesThis website is the main source for building code information within the state of Utah. There are a number of helpful links for architects and contractors alike.
- Master Calendar for Building Codes & Contractors TrainingIf you are looking for training in building codes this calendar is a good place to start.
- Utah Schools that Provide Building Code Training"To provide the training required by this statute, the Division provides funding grants to the associations and schools to subsidize their training programs. The following organizations and schools have received funding grants for building codes training courses and may be contacted directly to obtain information and scheduling."
In the Library
- Building Services Handbook byEBL e-book. Requires active uNID to view online.
- Residential building codes illustrated : a guide to understanding the 2009 International residential code byTH4815.5 .W56 2010 General Collection LVL 1
- Foundation engineering handbook : design and construction with the 2009 international building code byTA775 .D39 2010 General Collection LVL 1
- Time-saver standards for architectural design : technical data for professional practice byTH151 .T55 2005 Fine Arts Library Reference LVL 2
- International building code 2009 byKF5701 .I524 2009 +CD Quinney Law Library, 2hr Reserve
- International plumbing code 2009 byKF5709 .B8 2009 Quinney Law Library 2hr Reserve
- International fire code 2009 byKF3975 .I58 2009 Quinney Law Library 2hr Reserve