A library research guide that directs students to recommended and specialized online and print resources for their study of topics within Architecture and design projects.
- Material ConneXionThis database provides access to information about more than 7,000 materials and design processes in a variety of fields of design, with information on over 40 new materials added to the library every month.
*Please note that information from this database may only be used for personal and noncommercial purposes. Your use of the database constitutes acceptance of this restriction.
- Materials Research DatabaseThis link provides access to a selection of Materials Science databases from Cambridge Scientific Abstracts including Aluminium Industry Abstracts, Ceramic Abstracts, Copper Technical Reference Library, Corrosion Abstracts, Engineered Materials Abstracts, Materials Business File, and METADEX.
- ASM HandbookThis database provides access to the ASM Handbook reference series on metals and materials. The ASM Handbooks provide information and data about the selection, processing, performance, and analysis of structural materials. Until 1992, the series title was Metals Handbook. Under the new title, ASM Handbook, the coverage has been broadened to include coverage of nonmetallic structural materials including plastics, ceramics, and composites.
- ASTM CompassASTM Compass contains, standards, journals, technical papers, manuals, and data series published by ASTM International.
- SCOPUSScopus is a large abstract and citation database of research literature and patents. The database is updated daily and contains over 69 million records
- ArcatBuilding product information used by architects and spec writers.
- AZoMPublication for engineers and material scientist. Features articles ranging from introduction to basic materials to advanced material innovation.
- ArchitizerBuilding products site for Architects
- ArchDaily ProductsProduct descriptions of common and some innovative materials from the popular website ArchDaily.
- Material DistrictEuropean company focusing on innovative materials. Material articles feature property information and manufacturer contacts.
- MatWebMatWeb's searchable database of material properties includes data sheets of thermoplastic and thermoset polymers such as ABS, nylon, polycarbonate, polyester, polyethylene and polypropylene; metals such as aluminum, cobalt, copper, lead, magnesium, nickel, steel, superalloys, titanium and zinc alloys; ceramics; plus semiconductors, fibers, and other engineering materials.
- UT Austin Material ResourceSearchable database from UT Austin. Created by students and faculty in their Materials Lab.
- Material OrderPowered by CollectionSpace (LYRASIS) and co-founded by Harvard University Graduate School of Design and Rhode Island School of Design, Material Order is the leading resource for design materials collections at academic and cultural institutions. Utilizing and developing standards and best practices, the Material Order consortium provides a community-based approach to the management of design material collections with federated search access among participating institutions.