A library research guide that directs students to recommended and specialized online and print resources for their study of topics within Architecture and design projects.
Knowledge Commons Media Streaming
The library offers a Media Streaming service, through which you can (once you've logged in of course) view films, educational videos, and other archived video in the library's media collection; listen to music, lectures, interviews, and other archived audio from the library's media collection; and view library short courses. If there is something in the library's collection that you would like to broadcast in this forum, consult the Knowlegde Commons desk on LVL 2.
VERY USEFUL research guides!
- Permissions Free ResourcesUse this guide to find material that you can freely use, share or modify beyond what the Fair Use Doctrine (and other exceptions) usually allows.
- Finding Images & MultimediaConsult this guide for tips and links to library databases and web resources with images and multimedia.
- Audio Visual ArchiveSpecializing in unique moving image and sound collections from Utah and the West, the Audio-Visual Archive is located on the Fourth Floor of the library and is part of the Multimedia division of Special Collections. The collections include student and independent films, oral histories, home movies, local news, sports and many other rare and fascinating materials representative of the region's rich cultural and social history.
Select Resources for Videos
- American History in VideoA large and rich collection of videos that allow students and researchers to analyze historical events, and their presentation over time,through commercial and governmental newsreels, archival footage, public affairs footage, and important documentaries.
- UEN Digital Media Service (CollegeMedia)UEN's Digital Media Service is a digital media repository filled with video and other educational media free for Utah's educators, students and citizen learners. The Digital Media Service allows you to search for content, preview it and then download the media for on demand use. The digital repository includes: videos licensed by the Utah Instructional Media Consortium, local programs from KUED-7, National PBS programs, as well as media from other trusted education partners.