A library research guide that directs students to recommended and specialized online and print resources for their study of topics within Architecture and design projects.
Data & Reports
See other subpages under OTHER TYPES OF RESOURCES for U.S. Gov't reports and reports generated within and about Utah.
- CIAO (Columbia International Affairs Online)CIAO is a comprehensive source for theory and research in international affairs. It publishes a range of scholarship from 1991 on that includes working papers from university research institutes, occasional papers series from NGOs, foundation-funded research projects, and proceedings from conferences.
- Transportation Research Information DatabaseTRID is a newly integrated database that combines the records from TRB's Transportation Research Information Services (TRIS) Database and the OECD's Joint Transport Research Centre’s International Transport Research Documentation (ITRD) Database. TRID provides access to over 900,000 records of transportation research worldwide.
- RAND PublicationsRAND is a nonprofit institution that conducts social and economic policy research for global clientele, including government agencies, foundations, and private-sector firms. Use this tool to search the RAND archive of over 17,000 titles dating back to 1948.
- Social Science Research NetworkSocial Science Research Network (SSRN) is devoted to the rapid worldwide dissemination of social science research and is composed of a number of specialized research networks in each of the social sciences. The SSRN eLibrary consists of two parts: an Abstract Database containing abstracts on over 354,700 scholarly working papers and forthcoming papers and an Electronic Paper Collection currently containing over 289,000 downloadable full text documents in Adobe Acrobat pdf format.
VERY USEFUL research guides!!!
- Demographic Statistics from the U.S. Census & Other ReportsA beginners guide to finding statistics about the U.S., Utah and the U. Prepared by Librarian Amy Brunvand of the Digital Scholarship Lab (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- International StatisticsIncludes descriptions of and links to resources and data sets as well as search tips.
- Technical ReportsTechnical reports are reports from academic departments, government agencies and corporations that describe projects, research and activities of the organization. This guide covers resources and search tips for accessing academic, U.S. Gov't, corporate, and even older technical reports. Prepared by librarian Amy Brunvand of the Digital Scholarship Lab (email@example.com).
- Using The United States Serial Set in the Marriott LibraryThe United States Congressional Serial Set is the official collection of reports and documents of the United States Congress, and began with the 15th Congress in 1817. United States administrative and legislative documents earlier than 1817 were collected and published as The American State Papers. Prepared by librarians Dave Morrison, Gov't Docs Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Amy Brunvand of the Digital Scholarship Lab (email@example.com).
- Workshop on Text AnalysisAn online guide to accompany the Digital Scholarship Lab workshop on text analysis. Includes information about: visualization tools; tag clouds & social tagging; tools for scholarly research (Atlas.ti and Coding Qualitative Data); and other useful links and concepts. Prepared by Librarian Amy Brunvand of the Digital Scholarship Lab (firstname.lastname@example.org).