What is EndNote Basic?
EndNote is a citation manager that:
- Keeps all references and relevant materials in a searchable personal library.
- Synchronizes the references between up to three devices.
- Creates formatted citations and bibliographies or independent reference lists in Office Word. To find this and other more information see About EndNote in Clarivate Analytics.
You may have access to EndNote online in one of three ways: on its own (EndNote Basic), with EndNote Desktop (EndNote X9), or through Web of Science database. Comparing to two other ways, the EndNote Basic has limited features and options but still works well for a student as a new writer and researcher. If you log in properly the EndNote online through the Web of Science, you will have access to more data, links and options even you have used the EndNote Basic.
To learn more about these three types, go to the Quick Reference Guide from Thomson Reuters.
- Is a simplified online version.
- Is a store references online for easy access and does not save them on the computer.
- Links directly to the Web of Science Core Collection.
- Can be used with Endnote Desktop, especially to foster collaboration or when you're searching for references but are away from your computer.
- Can store up to 50,000 references & 2GB of attachments.
- Provides access to 21 bibliographic styles.
- Provides access to more than 3,000 bibliographic styles.
- Makes links to the full-text of articles, to times cited & related references, & to the Web of Science record.
EndNote Basic Resources
Create an Account
1. Go to the library homepage at lib.utah.edu
2. Click on the Databases tab below the search box.
3. Choose E and navigate down to EndNote Basic. Click on the red title link
4. Click the Register button to create a new account.
5. You should get a confirmation email within 24 hours of registering asking you to confirm your account. After you confirm, you can start using EndNote Basic
- Use your Utah e-mail address, but choose a separate password.
EndNote Basic is free to the University community. All you need to do is set up an account. Why use Endnote Web?
Special thanks to Kelly Price at the University of Michigan's Taubman Health Sciences Library for graciously allowing me to use her EndNote Basic guide as a template.
- Last Updated: Nov 10, 2020 10:55 AM
- URL: https://campusguides.lib.utah.edu/EndNoteBasic
- Print Page