This guide describes how to access and use EndNote Basic, a citation management system, and gives a brief overview of the desktop versions of EndNote
The main page of EndNote Basic contains the following tabs:
- My References, for access to all your citations
- Collect, to import citations from databases or to enter them manually
- Organize, to create, manage, & share groups
- Format, to export citations as bibliographies or to other bibliographic management programs, or to download the Cite-While-You-Write plug-in for Word.
The left hand menu allows you to:
- Search your citations.
- View and navigate to all your groups.
- See groups that other EndNote users have shared with you.
Link EndNote Desktop to EndNote Basic
In EndNote Desktop, you need to set up your program to sync with Endnote Basic to create EndNote online.
- From the Edit menu, select Preferences.
- Then select Sync, or, in earlier versions of EndNote (before X7), EndNote Web.
- In the new window that opens, enter your login information for EndNote Basic (or an earlier EndNote Web) account.
- Make sure that the Sync automatically option is checked
- Click OK.
- Last Updated: Sep 9, 2020 5:12 PM
- URL: https://campusguides.lib.utah.edu/EndNoteBasic
- Print Page