EndNote Basic and Desktop support: Using the Capture Tool
This guide describes how to access and use EndNote Basic, a citation management system, and gives a brief overview of the desktop versions of EndNote
Using the Capture Tool in EndNote
- You can use the capture tool to capture references from your browser window. This is a great option for online resources that don’t have direct export options
- To enable the Capture tool, go to the Options tab and select Download Installers.
- Follow the instructions on the page and drag the Capture References button (outlined above) up to your favorites bar. In some browsers, you may need to add to to your bookmarks bar
- When you find information you want to save into a record, click the Capture References option in your favorites or bookmarks and a window will open with the record information. Fill in any empty fields
- Make sure each field is correct, and then click on the blue Save To button at the top of the window. Make sure you are saving to the right EndNote option.
NOTE: For some managed machines, you may need to get help from someone with an Administrator password to make this work.