LabArchives: LabArchive Training
Creating an account with LabArchives
See the Tab Setting up an Account
Library assistance with LabArchives
In addition to the RATS workshops (see home page) Daureen Nesdill (J. Willard Marriott Library) and Darell Schmick (Eccles Health Sciences Library) are available to provide lectures to assist you and your research team in getting started with LabArchives. We can also present to departments and institutes.
LabArchives provides support to users using various formats:
An Introduction to LabArchives This Webinar provides a brief overview of the major features and benefits of the LabArchives Professional Edition. Directed to new users wishing to get the most out of the service in a short period of time.
An Introduction to Widgets - request information about the next webinar on Widgets. You can also find an entry on Widgets in the Knowledgebase.
- Introduction to LabArchives
- Notebook Navigator Organization of pages and folders
- Entering Data Discusses the various ways you can enter data and information into LabArchives
- InBox How to send emails to your LabArchives account
- Entry Revisions The audit trail - all about how LabAchives records who did what, where and when.
- Creating Documents, Spreadsheets and Presentations in Your Notebook. How to use MS Office in LabArchives.
- Linking from your Notebook You can link entries in your notebook to other entries
- Sharing Data with Others Sharing a notebook, a page or a section of a page with folks who have a site license.
- Sharing Data Publicly LabArchives allows you to share a notebook, a page and a section of a page with people who do not have a LabArchives' account.
- The LabArchives Knowledgebase can also be used as a handbook.
- Troubleshooter LabArchives support staff can help you resolve common problems and issues by walking you through a few questions.
- Submit a Trouble Ticket If you cannot find a solution to your problem in the Knowledgebase, then you can submit a ticket to LabArchives.
Apps and Plug-ins
Once you have an account you can download plug-ins.
These plug-ins enable LabArchives users to
enter information into their LabArchives
Notebooks using phones and tablets.
Users can view text files, Office docs,
PDF files, and images. Users can add plain
and rich text entries, and can take and
upload photos into their Notebooks.