Starting Spring 2023, the U now provides a site-license for LabArchives Inventory.
LabArchives Inventory is an easy-to-use, cloud-based laboratory inventory management system designed to help manage and track items such as samples, reagents, and equipment.
Using LabArchives Inventory, users can:
- Create custom inventories
- Manage sample storage locations
- Track movements and usage of laboratory resources
Inventory can provide real-time visibility into the location, status, and history of items, enabling users to make well-informed decisions and streamline laboratory operations.
Inventory also integrates with LabArchives electronic lab notebooks (ELN), to provide a centralized, secure solution to help improve the efficiency and productivity of laboratory operations while ensuring sensitive information and intellectual property remain protected.
For information about LabArchives Inventory please see LabArchives' YouTube Training Playlist for Inventory as well as their Quick Start Guides for Lab Managers and Lab Members.
Benefits and Features
- Automatically updates inventories on use and receipt
- Helps avoid duplicate orders
- Faster locating, ordering, and approval workflow
- Improves reproducibility—integrated with LabArchives ELN
- Lowers administrative burden for lab managers
- Manages multiple types of materials and consumables
- Can mirror your physical storage locations
- Reports on highly used categories and materials
- Saves time and increases efficiency
- Speeds up documentation of materials used
- Access via mobile device
- Bulk import of existing inventories
- Customizable for your lab: locations, names, quantities, etc
- Filter inventory lists by Item, Type, and Location
- Locate materials required for a project
- Print and scan labels, barcodes, QR codes
- Report and monitor usage
- Search and sort inventory views by material type
- Set materials level notifications and thresholds
- Supports any type of inventory item