Film and Media Arts: Getting Started
Getting started with research may require accessing background information to learn basic information about your topic. Biographies and encyclopedias are great places to start.
Encyclopedia articles are an excellent way to quickly learn the basic information about your research topic, providing you with the terminology and names you'll need for further research.
We have hundreds of encyclopedias in print editions on topics ranging from Anime to Zombies! To find them:
- Go to Usearch, the library catalog
- Search for: Encyclopedias AND ...
- Replace the .... with a concept or research topic. For example: Encyclopedias AND Anime
- If needed, limit your results using the Resource Type and Subject options in the right-side column.
- If you see a link under the title that says "Available At" or "Checked Out," the encyclopedia is available in print. If you see a link for "Online Access" it's available as an e-book.
These three electronic databases provide citations and full-text biographies.
Guides to Related Disciplines
Movement in Culture through History
by Greg Hatch Last Updated Oct 13, 2020 30 views this year
Dance Research Design
by Greg Hatch Last Updated Oct 5, 2020 122 views this year
by Greg Hatch Last Updated Sep 22, 2020 1477 views this year
Art (Studio Art)
by Luke Leither Last Updated Sep 2, 2020 560 views this year
by Dale Larsen Last Updated Oct 21, 2020 956 views this year
by Todd Samuelson Last Updated Jul 29, 2020 216 views this year
Graduate Studies Themes - 2020/2021
by Mark England Last Updated Jul 29, 2020 277 views this year
Environmental and Sustainability Studies
by Mark England Last Updated Jul 29, 2020 766 views this year
by Marie Paiva Last Updated Apr 14, 2020 879 views this year
by Dale Larsen Last Updated Jun 24, 2020 293 views this year
Western Waters Digital Library
by Anna Neatrour Last Updated Apr 14, 2020 46 views this year