Theatre: Classics to Renaissance
Shakespeare & Elizabethan Theatre
Subject Headings to get you started
Below are some suggested Subjects (aka Subject Headings) to begin your search for books and other materials in the Usearch library catalog. I encourage you to look for additional, related Subjects in the left-hand column once your get your search results.
- Go to the Library Catalog's Advanced Search mode.
- Change the drop-down menu option from "Any" to "Subject".
- Copy your choice from the suggested Subjects below and paste it into the Subject search box.
- Click the red Search button.
Note: For Subjects that include general concepts in italics, trying changing it to a topic relevant to your research.
- Civilization, Classical
- Greece--Civilization--To 146 B.C.
- Greece--Economic conditions--To 146 B.C.
- Greece--History--To 146 B.C.
- Greece--Intellectual life--To 146 B.C.
- Greece--Politics and government--To 146 B.C.
- Greece--Social conditions--To 146 B.C.
- Greece--Social life and customs
- Greek drama
- Greek drama--Chorus
- Greek drama (Tragedy)
- Religious drama--Greek
- Music, Greek and Roman
- Rome--History--To 510 B.C.
- Theater -- Rome
- Nō plays
- Japanese drama -- history and criticism (Or, change Japanese to Asian, Indian, Chinese, etc.)
- Sanskrit drama
- Theater -- Asia
- Theater -- India
- Liturgical Drama (Or, change Liturgical to: Christian, Folk, Flemish, Indic, Latin, etc.)
- Drama, medieval
- Mysteries and miracle-plays
- Religion and Culture
- Hinduism -- Rituals
- Drama -- Religious aspects (Or, change Drama to: Women, Politics, etc.)
- Theology -- Early works to 1800
- Mythology, classical
- Women -- History -- To 500
- Women in the Theater
- Feminism and Theater
- Sex role -- Greece (or change Greece to Rome, India, etc.)
- Sex role in literature
- Euripides -- Characters -- Women (Or, change Euripides to: Chaucer, Homer, etc.)
- Dramatists, Greek (Or, change Greek to: Latin, German, etc.)