Theatre: History of Theatre II - Spring
This guide provides links to basic theatre research: history, design, acting, production, scripts, videos, and careers.
Check out other tabs above for useful resources: Theater Organizations, Images, Videos & Media, Citation & Copyright
Utah Performing Arts Community
The following is just a few collections of links to local performing arts organizations.
- The Downtown Alliance: Arts, Culture, & EntertainmentA non-profit organization serving the downtown SLC property owners, businesses, and residents whose mission is to build a dynamic and diverse community that is the regional center for culture, commerce and entertainment.
- Utah.gov - Arts & CultureThe official Website of the state government.
- Visit Salt Lake: Performing ArtsA private, non-profit corporation responsible for the promotion of Salt Lake as a convention and travel destination.
Marriott & Regional Library Collections
These primary, often one-of-a-kind, resources reside at Marriott Library and other regional libraries. Be sure to check out the Special Collections and Digital Collections at other regional libraries: Utah Department of Heritage & Arts, Salt Lake City Public, Weber State, BYU, UVU, and Utah State.
- Special Collections at the Marriott LibraryThe department's mission statement is to acquire and make available rare and one-of-a-kind books, periodicals, documents, photographs, films, and original materials documenting the history of Utah, the Mormons, and the American West.
- Marriott Library Digital CollectionsMarriott Library has begun to digitize some of its unique collections and make them publicly available online.
- Mountain West Digital LibraryAn aggregation of digital collections from universities, colleges, public libraries, museums, and historical societies in Utah, Nevada, and Idaho. The content extends beyond the Mountain West and into different fields.
Media & Publishing Software
Follow the link below to see a list of software available on Marriott Library and Student Computing Lab computers.
- Available SoftwareSearch for the following terms: Graphical (use for photo & image editing), Publishing, or Blogging.
- Remote Software AccessMany of the software programs are available to use on your home computer/laptop. Follow this link to find out how.
Newspapers document events as they happen, and serve as an historical record of the past.
- Newspapers as a Research ToolAn introduction to using newspapers for academic research. Provides links to local Utah, national, and international newspapers. Includes mainstream and alternative presses, as well as historical archives.
- Salt Lake Tribune: Subject and Name Index AND MicrofilmUse the index to locate stories about specific people and subjects published in the Salt Lake Tribune from 1941-1991. Then, request the corresponding microfilm reel you need. (Ask for assistance at the Knowledge Commons Desk on Level 2.)
- Local Media (Radio, TV)
- Theatre-related MagazinesStart with this list of 200+ magazines and journals. Use the Refine My Results tools in the left column to narrow down to subjects you care about.